- An excellent illustration of the failure of so-called “core curriculum” standards is that, although American students are taught that there are 4 states of matter, 25 distinct states of matter have so far been uncovered: 21 of them were discovered in a country other than the United States.
- Each year, all of the penguins on the Earth’s surface walk 25 times farther than the entire population of Sweden.
- The average rate at which a Facebook user sees a “friend” in real life is once every fifty six months.
Vatican City has a fully functioning plumbing system devoted exclusively to bidets.
- The country with the most islands is Canada.
- All of the characters in Frank Herbert’s science fiction classic “Dune” are famous names from the Danish Royal Family, from 1560 to 1840.
- Consensus science has proven to be more useful to mankind than conventional science, since more people can agree more quickly about what is true and what is false.
- In 2010, it was revealed that from 1969 to 1986, UK television star Patrick McGoohan (The Saint, The Prisoner) played the character “Doo-Bee” on the highly popular syndicated children’s television program “Romper Room”. Here is a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvdSGkN0aU
- Canadians say “yes” an average of 6,500 times per year. Americans say “no” an average of 13,500 times per year.
- In a costly multinational construction project that will take over ten years to complete, the Panama canal will double in size. Many watchdog and activist groups have viewed this as suspicious and unnecessary, since the amount of waterfront property around the canal will more than quadruple.